Deadline : 20th July 2020, 00H00
The National Theatre of Namibia (NTN) is proud to announce the open call for scripts, artistic works and production concepts for the 2021/22 theatre season.
The theatre invites storytellers, writers, directors, choreographers, performers, designers and interdisciplinary artists to submit innovative works to be staged for local audiences.
The NTN seeks for powerful works, that bring forth refreshing narratives for audiences from different walks of life. The theatre encourages works in local languages, and submissions from communities which are underrepresented in theatre – both on and off stage. Artistic experiences that have something critical to say about the world we occupy today are also encouraged.
Artists from all across Namibia are welcome to submit for productions such as plays, performance art, concerts, dance productions and digital installations.
All approved works will be produced by the NTN and feature as part of the season that will run from August 2021 – July 2022.
Submissions are open for the following programs:
- NEW MAKERS’ PROGRAM (For newcomer theatre makers: writers, directors, performers)
- OUTREACH PROGRAM (Community & Applied Theatre)
- CO-PRODUCTION PROGRAM (For emerging and established theatre makers & artists. Funded in cooperation with an external producer)
- MAIN PROGRAM (For experienced and professional theatre-makers and artists)
- LIVE ART PROGRAM (For experimental and performative/ digital works by newcomer, emerging and professional artists)
All works (scripts/ concepts/ideas/synopses) should be accompanied by a proposal and application form. For more information on the programs, guidelines and application process please click here.
You can also join our open information sessions on Facebook @nationaltheatreofnamibia on 5 June and 10 July 2020, 15H00 respectively.
Please send your complete online submission as a single zip file containing individual files in doc/docx/pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the 20th July 2020, 00H00. Hard copies can be delivered to the NTN reception, at 12 John Meinert Street, from the 6th of June until the 20th of July 2020, 16H00.