www.noocultures.info – For its 24th edition, IFFR’s Young Film Critics programme returns during IFFR 2022. The programme provides a unique insight into festival coverage, with a full press accreditation and the support of the IFFR editorial team, alongside expert workshop sessions and networking opportunities.
Participants cover the full extent of the programmes on offer at IFFR, ranging from films by well-known arthouse auteurs to experimental and artist moving image gems and from art installations and expanded cinema to talks and film industry conferences.
In past editions, IFFR welcomed Young Film Critics from across the world. Last year we had participants from Costa Rica, the Philippines, Poland, USA, the United Kingdom and Zambia.
Young Film Critics programme (five participants)
As a programme participant, you will be part of the editorial team of the festival. You will have workshops with experienced film industry professionals from different backgrounds, cover the festival for your own journalistic affiliation and be part of IFFR’s editorial staff.
What you can expect
- Complimentary IFFR 2022 press accreditation.
- Budget accommodation in Rotterdam.
- A partial refund of travel costs when travelling from outside Europe.
- A full schedule, including workshops with senior critics, film journalists and other industry professionals and participation in press conferences, festival talks and events. IFFR aims at making selected Young Film Critics fully integral to the festival and lets them participate in the delivery of daily festival outlets. You will form a team, hosted by the IFFR Press Office and the festival editorial staff.
What we need from you
- You must not be older than 30 at the time of your application.
- Fluent command of the English language (written and spoken).
- Demonstrable experience in film criticism (print, video, audio or online media) + storyboard or any creative form of daily reporting.
- A track-record in the following topics: film review, festival review, film industry reports and trends, interview, arts & culture review, masterclasses and talks review.
- You are not yet established enough to profit from privileges such as attending international film festivals outside your country.
- You have made an agreement(s) with relevant print and/or online media to publish reports on International Film Festival Rotterdam 2022.
How to apply
To apply for the 2022 edition we need you to provide us with the following:
- Motivational letter
- Current CV
- The name and details of an affiliate for which you will cover IFFR 2022
- A recommendation letter of an editor(-in-chief) of that affiliate
- Three pieces (written, audio or video) of recent work
Please send all the information in one combined PDF file to email@example.com. The deadline for submission is 19 November 2021. Successful candidates will be notified by mid-December 2021.