Deadline : 11 March 2022
House of African Feminisms (HoAF) is a regional project aiming at regional exchange and networking of African feminists. The Goethe-Institut network in Sub-Saharan Africa is supporting artistic projects in the area of African Feminisms with a specific focus on the everyday life of African women of all generations.
ABOUT THE GOETHE-INSTITUT SOUTH AFRICA
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive picture of Germany by providing information on Germany’s cultural, social and political life.
Calling all project managers, curators, and content creators: the House of African Feminisms, a project of the Goethe-Institut network in Sub-Saharan Africa, is now hiring a Project Coordinator to join us. We’re looking for a coordinator to communicate, strategize and manage the project with all its partners and stakeholders across our physical and digital activities. Strong communication and project management skills are essential, and an all-around creative with strong English and French language skills is preferred. The project coordinator will work remotely with 15 hours a week, starting from 01 April 2022. The contract will end after 12 months with the option of renewal until the end of 2023.
- Works closely with the participating Goethe-Institut’s Directors, the communication manager and the curators and content producers of the project, leading the House of African Feminisms to develop strong content and visibility.
- Conceptualizes and organizes analogue, digital and hybrid events with the House of African Feminisms community.
- Coordinates web content based on input from content owners. Works with owners to ensure message accuracy. Edits content from providers.
- Coordinates and spearheads tactics to ensure the growth of social communities and the effective dissemination of The House of African Feminisms content.
- Develops future-oriented partnerships with organization and initiatives in the field of (African) feminisms
- Writes reports for the House of African Feminisms with the Goethe-Institut directors in a timely manner.
- Budget monitoring and project reporting
- Candidates will need to agree with feminist ethos.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant work experience
- Responsible experience in project management and budget monitoring.
- Experience in partner and stakeholder management.
- Fluent in English and French, Portuguese language skills are an asset.
- Event management experience.
METHOD OF SELECTION & SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
Please send your application including a motivation letter (referring to qualifications above), CV and references, all documents combined in one pdf document to the project team ( firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “HoAF Coordination”.
Deadline for applications: 11 March 2022